Saturday, March 15, 2008

Oh ganks...

So my mom and I had big plans to go to the local craft fair.  Got the kids all ready, (just about 2 hours! Two kids is hard!) picked up my mom, and made it so far as the first booth....

Then the tantrums began... and again, and again....
We made it through two ENORMOUS buildings in, I think, less than two hours.  Let's just say I really don't remember what I saw.  When we came home, my mom went outside with the two-year-old and played while I made puree for his meals for the week.  Has anyone made anything from the Sneaky Chef or her nemisis Deceptively Delicious?
So today my friend from school (I teach art to middle school students!) and I went to the show again, without a two-year-old!  It was nice.  I had the youngest in a sling (Hotslings, my fav by far) and got a tremendous amount of compliments.  (It sure is nice having a cute little baby attached to you!)  Anyway, I was able to get a couple of things this time...  something for a gift (can't say what or who in the case that that person is reading this right now) something for myself and something for the hot tub (or also for myself!) 

So here's the something for me.  It's a beeswax vase with birch bark and little flowers.  The tapers off to the side are matching.



While at the show, I was completely in love with this artist who paints sheep.  No, we're not talking about your typical pastoral scene.  It's called "Sheep Incognito" Check her work here.  There 
are so many that I want I can't even list them.  Ironically she was painting one while I was there that looked a lot like my little girl sitting in her sling right then!

On another note, we have a baby shower coming up and I've got the typical list of things I want to make.  I'm really inspired by this baby bouquet that Martha Stewart did on her show:
I've never been a big fan of artificial flowers, but I found these and I'm going to try it out!
I have some onesies I'm going to try to embroider (never done it before) and I'm waiting on some cute socks and hats to come in so I can put them all together.  There's no real directions on the Martha site, just a video where it shows you how to wrap the flowers.  I figure if I can't do it, I'll just wrap up the onesies, socks and hat together in a box!

Update:  I realize that I'm putting Andrewisms in my titles but that probably only makes sense to our family.  Oh ganks is, of course, oh thanks.  There are also other versions like:  oh gank you, no gank you and ganks mommy.  So I'll try and explain them better!

1 comment:

Conni Tögel said...

Hi Kirsten,
just a little "hi - and ganks for visiting the sheep"...
I know, it's been a few weeks, but it's been insane lately so there ya go...I still remember you and the baby in the sling - which is saying a lot, since I usually can't even remember myself by the time a show is over :)
Hope the little person is doing well - and of course, thanks for the nice comments about the sheep, they loved meeting you! (as did I...)