Monday, March 17, 2008

So Beeg

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

This is one he's already stopped using... if you try to help him with something he's having a difficult time with, "no you can't do it, you're too beeg" or something might be so beeg. On the contrary he is so smwall (like a northern accent- which one?)

So Sunday, at the last minute I decided... Hey, I know!  I'm gonna make St. Patrick's Day pins for all of my co-workers at school. (In the past I've made pins for various special occasions.)  So I started about lunch time collecting all of the stuff I'd need.  The idea is from Martha Stewart (I've been using her site a lot lately, you can see it here.)  Anyway, this particular craft offers a template that you print out, attach some pipe cleaner shamrocks and ta-da!  Well I didn't have the regular pin backs so I started with gluing small safety pins.  They of course weren't holding up on their own so I concocted this method of gluing then holding them up with clothes pins.  
I took a break for a bit and gave Liv some tummy time in her crib.  She loves the mobile that her Gramma bought for her brother a few years back, so it's a great incentive to lift that tiny head!
So here's as far as I could get with the pins.  I think not enough for every adult (I believe there are more than 100, I made about 75.)  Anyway I sent along some pieces to my co art teacher so she could make more if anyone asked.  Did I mention that this picture was from 3am?  Yup!
So about the only thing I accomplised today was to start an embroidered onesie.  Uh, yeah.  I think I've found the craft that I don't like.  Well let's just say it looks terrible and I'm completely not satisfied with it and I don't think I have the guts to actual make one for a friend.  I mean, what if it looks terrible? (and it would)  I wouldn't want to have to pretend I like something someone made for me that looked like crap! 

Ok, off to bed early.  Is 10:30 early?  I guess it's better than 3am, huh?

No comments: